Monday, May 9, 2011

Texting.

Texting while in the company of another is loooow class. Nothing says “you could not matter any less to me right now” than pulling out your phone, checking it at the table, then LEAVING it on the table for the duration of the evening. You are not impressing her with how many friends you have. What you’re doing is slowly creeping into the dudebro category with every text sent. I don’t even need to see you to know who you are. Brown flip-flops with jeans, some Ed Hardy type a shirt (oh excuse me, a polo with a wrinkled collar for this special occasion), taking your girl out to dinner since you’re sick of hearing her complain that all you do is play video games. Well, the unfortunate reality is, you’ve forgotten how to be cordial and carry on a conversation with the lady in front of you. Thank goodness for your iPhone! When you run out of people to text, you can just pull up some lame game or YouTube clip and joke about that rather than have a real thought and discuss it with her.

Look. If you must take a call, excuse yourself from the table and take the call out of earshot…I get it, you’re a busy man!

**The following is an actual picture, taken at none other than Clarendon Grill...is it that serious?







~J

5 comments:

  1. what about if you're wearing a regular t-shirt, jeans, some skate shoes, and don't text because texting is for fucking losers in general. is that acceptable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aka... that dude cannot afford a phone and works part time as the admin for the Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory fan club - and entire life ambition revolves around obtaining the new Tony Hawk skater game - and hoping that his skater fashion line will blow up and he can get a show where he gets his ass kicked 24/7 like Bam Margera... WINNING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my life's ambition revolves around being an Environmental Scientist. So yes, you're winning for sure you ужасная блядь... i sure do hope you're joking, because i'd hate to have to embarrass one of jenny's real life friends by making them cry in public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... well I got good news and bad news... the good news is that I read your post in it's entirety... the bad news is I did it at work and now I need a new pair of pants because these are soaked with a mixture of terror in-fused tears, and petrified urine. By expert planning or design you managed to address numbers 2 and 4 on my top 5 fears list (Environmental Preservation, and Science in all of its forms)... number one, of course being snakes. Rest assured that I have learned my lesson, and I appreciate the attitude re-adjustment. I just wish I would have waited until I got home to read it so that all of the other commuters would not have had to suffer through a long metro ride next to a man soaked in his own fluids. Also, just as an added tribute to your blog worthy post I am going to trade in my car and adopt a razor scooter as my primary mode of transport so as to reduce emissions in the greater DMV area... you are well on your way Environmental scientist... having successfully reduced the carbon foot print in this region by one SUV. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FACT: 78% of environmental scientists work at Payless Shoes

    ReplyDelete